- This event has passed.
NC Climate Change Interagency Council – Inaugural Meeting
December 19, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
AGENDA December 19, 2018, 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
William G. Ross Jr. Environmental Conference Center Nature Research Center 121 West Jones Street, Raleigh, NC 27603
- Welcome and Introductions (25 mins)
- Welcome (DEQ Secretary Michael Regan) 9:30-9:35 b. Opening Remarks (Governor Roy Cooper) 9:35-9:45 c. Council Introductions (Cabinet Agency Secretaries and their Designees) 9:45-9:55
- Executive Order No. 80 and Council Process (15 mins)
- Overview of EO80 (Governor’s Office) 9:55-10:05 b. Overview of Council’s Operating Procedures and Meeting Schedule (DEQ) 10:05-10:10
- Cabinet Agency Plans and Stakeholder Process for Addressing Specific Directives (45 mins)
- DEQ – Clean Energy Plan, Climate Risk Assessment and Resiliency Plan, State
Buildings Energy Savings Program, Greenhouse Gas Inventory 10:10-10:25 b. DOT – NC Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Plan 10:25-10:35 c. DOC – Clean Energy and Clean Transportation Workforce Assessments 10:35-10:45 d. DOA – NC Motor Fleet ZEV Plan 10:45-10:55
BREAK (10 mins) 10:55-11:05
- Cabinet Agency Plans for Addressing General Directives (25 mins) 11:05-11:30
Each agency discusses how climate change is impacting its programs and operations.
- Public Engagement (30 mins) 11:30-12:00
Individuals and organizations may provide input to cabinet agencies on their implementation of the EO. Oral presentations will be limited to 2 minutes. Sign-up will be required.
- Meeting audio and presentations will be broadcast via the state web conferencing link posted at https://deq.nc.gov/climate-council.
• For more information, please contact Sharon Martin, DEQ Public Information Officer, 919-707-8446, firstname.lastname@example.org.